Friday, January 27, 2006

Sundance: Save the best for last

At my last screening at Sundance (I'm flying home tomorrow), I saw my favorite film of the week, Little Miss Sunshine. Starring Greg Kinnear, Tony Collette and Steve Carrell it's a pitch-perfect example of the dysfunctional family comedy. I don't have time for a full review, but I will say that when this movie comes out in theaters, you need to see it. I loved it. And I saw it by pure luck. I ordered tickets to a TBA screening when I was desperately looking for ANY dregs online before the festival. I took a chance, knowing that they usually plug the "buzz" films into the TBA slots at the end of the festival. Boy, I'm glad I did. I also saw Right At Your Door at an early morning screening. While it was very solid and entertaining, I'd have to rank it further down the list. Tonight, it's the Slamdance closing night party, where I hope to hang out with all the ATL folks in town for The Other Side. Should be fun. I really don't want to leave--I can't believe I have to go back to work next week. I'll post a bigger wrap up (and we'll have more pictures) when I get back to Atlanta, but I can tell you, this week has definitely inspired my own creativity. Can't wait to start on my next script, I may have to write it on my flight home. This is our last blog from Park City... see you on the "other side."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home