Saturday, January 21, 2006

Sundance: short changed...

Just a quick message, since Charles was so verbose, and we've got to go freeze our asses off in the Wait List line soon... I've only managed to see one official Sundance screening, a midnight showing of the Shorts Program IV, and I have to say I was NOT impressed. I have seen better shorts at the 48 Hour Screenings, to tell you the truth. The best short was probably the one directed by Gwenyth Paltrow and company, and even that wasn't all that hot. I figured out the key to getting your short into Sundance, is to make it slow, long and boring, and never get to any point, then end suddenly with no resolution. If this program is any indication of all the shorts, I have no idea what the programmers were thinking this year. This morning, our group went to see The Other Side at Slamdance. This film represented Georgia well. We'll have a full review next issue, but it was a film with great action sequences and stunts, and a solid and funny script. It was just plain fun. Let's put it this way, I got maybe 20 minutes of sleep, and I never once fought the urge to sleep, I was wide awake the whole time. A very good sign. And more than I can say for the Sundance shorts... Anyway, I've had a nap now...off to more movies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home