Wednesday, February 22, 2006

HWY 5 Film Festival Night 1: This Time It Got Personal!

For those of you who didn't come to the HWY 5 Film Festival Night 1 I thought I'd give you taste of the fun we had. Of course, a creative angle combined with a serendiptious push of a button and suddenly fun becomes a very subjective photo that makes my now 15 year long crush on Nia Long seem like a very weak cover story (all I need now is to say I took my cousin to my senior prom and to repeat the story that my-never-seen-out-of-town-girlfriend can't move because of her job and the cycle is complete). So who is this dude? He's one of those Sasquatch-B cats helping me prove that with the right combination of tax incentives and grit, we could've convinced Ang Lee to shoot Brokeback Mountain here. (Or at least giving Mr. Lee's Hulk a raging good time...you know, my Mama's going to read this eventually, I really should rethink this stuff). But, let's be honest, if Brokeback wins best picture, where better to throw a dope After Party then the home of IMAGE's Out on Film, Atlanta Pride Celebration AND Elton John. Okay, back on track. If you didn't come out for night 1, remember part 2 of the HWY 5 Film Festival is this Friday at Midnight at El Cine Mireles. So if you can, make time and show both HWY 5 and El Cine Mireles some love and support. Shorts to be screened: Performance Anxiety, Just Asking for It, Boxed In, Lovely Rita, The Idiot Boxer, Trust Beam, Why Did I Take a Night Class, Episcopaliens, Platelets: Lepidopteraphage, Yesterdays /9 To 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home