Monday, October 31, 2005

Dailies: Fight Scene kicked my ass and I loved it!

I'm ashamed to say I've never been to any of the previous Dailies events over at Push Push. I could give you some lame ass excuses, but I'll spare you and jump right to some uncontrolled brown nosing and ass kissing. Now, as much as I'd love to kiss all the ass that was represented I just don't have enough chapstick. So I'll give you some quickhits. Still - Not a fan of zombie flicks, this B&W silent short is the kind of sh*t that always makes me reevaluate my long standing bias. Slick and stylish, I wish these cats had directed the Resident Evil flicks. Idiot Boxer - Don't know if this one could be considered a fight scene in the "traditional" sense. I mean, it's about one dude challenging another dude to see who's the fastest remote. But, who cares. 1) We get a hilarious training montage. Sing it with me folks: MONTAGE, MONTAGE! 2) The three round bout itself was fun as hell. And 3) Berzerker rage + fists of fury = Our Hero getting the hot chick. And we know a movie isn't a movie if the hero doesn't get the hot chick. "I can't read my notes so I don't remember the correct name of this one." There was this one about two cops--at least I think they were cops--a white drug dealer named Mario and a short Asian man that reinforces the stereotypes that all Asian people know martial arts and white drug dealers with Black names are always pathetic. And you know what? I'm a man who likes his stereotypes. Seriously though, don't let the fact that I can't remember the name of this one fool you. From beginning to end, this one was the complete package. Witty dialogue, top notch acting, great fights and superior editing. Dave vs Jeremiah - Two grown ass dudes not just play fighting, but play play fighting. An entire battle using only imaginary machine guns, light sabers and giant mechs. If you're like me and you still have a box full of legos under your bed and even at 32 you still cry every time Optimus Prime dies, this short is for you. Golden Egg - Kids + Martial Arts + Easter = Holy Sh*t Batman! This one already had me when the little girl and the little boy start making with the fisticuffs. (These kids did more ass kicking in 30 seconds than the last Star Wars flick did in two hours. Yeah, I'm still bitter. F U.) But then you add in a Kung Fu fighting Easter Bunny and a mom who's able to whoop your ass using only her mind and the result is genius. GENIUS I say!!! So rewind selector and play that sh*t again. Space is limited, so unfortunately I can't give a shout out to all the shorts that played, but I will say I not only enjoyed them all, but I thought they were all extremely well made. There's two more 8 PM showings of Dailies: Fight Scene tonight 11/1 and tomorrow 11/2. So if you can make it out, do so. I guarantee you won't be disappointed. For more info check out the Push Push Theater Website: www.pushpushtheater.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home